Dena has more than 24 years of legal experience and focuses her practice in family law. She is a strong advocate who uses sensitivity when helping families in transition. She has extensive experience dealing with substantial marital estates, complex custody issues, and all aspects of divorce.
Dena is also a member of the prestigious American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and Best Lawyers of America. She has been a presenter at family law seminars sponsored by the Utah Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
- University of Utah College of Law, J.D., 1991
- Weber State University, B.A., Political Science, 1988, cum laude
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Utah, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Utah, 1991
- United States Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 1993
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, an independent legal information agency, reflecting the highest professional excellence, expertise and integrity
- American Bar Association
- Family Law Section of Utah State Bar
Executive Committee Member, 2005-Present
- American Inns of Court, Master of the Bench, 1991-Present
- Fellow-American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- The Utah Journal of Family Law, Editor, Spring/Summer 2012
Recognition and Awards
- Best Lawyers of America, Family Law
- Mountain States Super Lawyers, Family Law
- Utah Business Magazine Legal Elite, 2011
- Kunzler v. Kunzler, 2008 UT App 263, 190 P.3d 497
- Sill v. Sill, 2007 UT App 173, 164 P.3d 415
- Carsten v. Carsten, 2007 UT App, 164 P.3d 429
- Covey v. Covey, 2003 UT App 380, 80 p.3d 553
Dena enjoys skiing, swimming, and traveling with her family.